The International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) is pleased to announce it will provide ten (10) scholarships to support the travel of palliative care workers to attend the 5th International Public Health and Palliative Care conference. The conference will take place in Ottawa Canada on September 17-20, 2017.
Applicants from all disciplines are welcome. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years
- Be current IAHPC members. If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
Preference will be given to applicants:
- Who have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
- Whose institution is an IAHPC active member. See institutional members here.
- Living in Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data. See here.
- Actively working in palliative care.
- Who are dedicated full-time to palliative care in their current work.
- Graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
- Have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation. Proof of acceptance of the poster will be required.
This program offers funding for travel and registration only, applicants will need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
More detailed information about the application process and the online form are available at the IAHPC website here.
Deadline to apply is May 15, 2017. Results will be announced by early July.
If you need information on how to apply please contact Genevieve Napier, IAHPC Manager of Programs and Projects at email@example.com.